What better way to start a new month than with a blog award? ✨ Alex from You and Me and a Cup of Coffee kindly nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you, Alex! ❤️ Make sure to check her out, she is doing amazing things over at her blog and she is a wonderful person to talk to!
(The rules and my nominations & questions will be at the end of this post.)
First, let’s get into my responses to Alex’s questions!
1) What is your favorite music genre? Please share your favorite band/singer/song.
Oh man. This is a hard one. Maybe pop? R&B has also been a steady favorite. It depends on the season! 😂 My all-time favorite band is a K-pop one, EXO. Their discography literally never disappoints me. I also really adore Ariana Grande. She was born to be a singer.
2) Apart from blogging, what are your passions/hobbies?
There isn’t anything I’m particularly passionate in at the moment. But, I’ve been making it a goal to get back into reading. I’ve also gotten into tennis before, mostly because my boyfriend has played it since he was little. Unlike him I’m not very good but it’s always fun to rally with someone!
3) If you could instantly acquire any skill, what would it be?
To understand and speak any language! One of my degree requirements is to learn the fundamentals of a language, so I’ve been learning Spanish for the past 6 months. I’ve enjoyed it more than I thought I would and it’s really made me wish that I was multi-lingual! I also love K-pop and watching Korean dramas & variety shows so I would love to be able to understand them without subtitles.
4) What inspired you to start a blog?
It was the summer before I started college and I just wanted something to do. I already had a lil toe in the blogging world through Tumblr, but it wasn’t until I joined WordPress when I really understood what blogging is. I can’t for the life of me remember how I discovered WordPress though.
5) Have you ever experienced a writer’s block? If so, could you share your tried-and-true strategies to get out of it?
Definitely yes, in the blogging sense! When I want to get out of it, I always start with reading blog posts. I noticed that the time periods where I neglected this blog the most, I wasn’t engaging with others; so I try to put some time aside each day or every other day to catch up on my feed. It never fails to inspire me to get back into writing my own content.
6) Imagine you’re opening a restaurant. What kind of a restaurant would it be and what cuisine would you focus on?
Hmmm… I would focus on my roots — Filipino food! It is incredibly savory and, in my opinion, deserves more love. Plus my mama can show off her cooking skills. 🤗
7) If you could meet and have a conversation with any person, alive or dead (let’s assume time travel exists), who would it be and why?
This might sound lame to some, but the first person (well, people) I thought of was the K-pop group, EXO. As I mentioned in the first question they are my favorite band of all-time; I’ve followed them since 2013. I would probably pass out if I had the opportunity to have a conversation with them. 💀 But for real, I just want to tell them how incredible they all are and that I hope they always do things that make them feel happy and fulfilled. And I want to tell them to come back to the U.S. and have a concert!
Now, I would like to nominate the following blogs!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like and ask them 7 questions.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.).
My 7 Questions:
- If you could stay anywhere in the world for a month, where would you go and why?
- What are your top 3 favorite shows?
- What is one quote or saying that has stuck with you since you saw it?
- If you could spend a day with anyone (alive or dead), who would you spend it with and why?
- What is one aspect that you love about yourself?
- What are you looking forward to doing after quarantine is over?
- What are 3 things you are grateful for today?
I’m excited to read all of your responses! And thank you again to Alex for nominating me. ❤️